DDCE warranty against direct lightning strikes.
The DDCE warranty is in force for 1 year and if the maintenance of the DDCE is performed and validated every year, the warranty is renewed for another year and so on, up to a maximum period of 5 years. If the annual maintenance is not performed, the warranty will not be renewed. In any case, the start-up and maintenance protocol must be followed for each installation and recorded in the documents provided by the Manufacturer. The initial start-up and maintenance protocol is mandatory to activate the warranty.
The warranty applies to DDCE models manufactured by Dinnteco Factory S.L.
Damage covered: All damage caused to the protected installation by a direct lightning strike on the DDCE derived from a manufacturing defect of the product, with a value of up to 6,000,000 euros per claim and year. Excluded from this coverage are the effects that may appear on the installation and/or product and/or protected zone, derived from indirect effects due to external induced overvoltages. It also covers damage to third parties for a value of up to 600,000 euros per victim.
Application of the Warranty:
The following requirements must be met for the product warranty to apply:
- Once the product is installed, it has to be filled and registered its start-up by means of the official document of Dinnteco International "DDCE Start-up Registration". Once completed correctly this registry, it has to be sent to Dinnteco International to the e-mail garantías@dinnteco.com. Once reviewed and approved by Dinnteco International, it will proceed to grant the guarantee of the product for a period of 1 year. Dinnteco International will send to the customer the document "DDCE product warranty".
- Before the end of the warranty year provided by the manufacturer, the maintenance protocol described in the current Instruction Manual of the DDCE product must be carried out and registered in the official Dinnteco International document "annual maintenance record". Once completed correctly this record, it has to be sent to Dinnteco International to the e-mail garantías@dinnteco.com. Once reviewed and approved by Dinnteco International, it will proceed to grant the guarantee of the product for a period of 1 more year. Dinnteco International will send to the customer the document "DDCE product warranty" for the period of 1 more year. This maintenance process will have to be carried out on an annual basis, until at least the maximum warranty period of 5 years. It is recommended to continue with the product maintenance process, even if this product is no longer covered by the 5 year warranty.
- For the product warranty to apply, it is a necessary and mandatory requirement that the lightning protection design for the protection of the concrete structure with DDCE's systems has been carried out by Dinnteco International or has been reviewed and approved by objective evidence by Dinnteco International.
Failure to comply with any of these 3 points will lead to the non-granting of the product warranty and therefore, Dinnteco International will be exempt from any criminal, civil and / or economic liability arising from a defective product.
Important Note: The value of up to 6,000,000 euros applies to damages caused by direct lightning strike on any of the DDCE's due to manufacturing defect, of the structure or zone protected, for the total of DDCE installed in the structure or zone to be protected, that is, if to protect a structure or zone, for example, 3 DDCE are needed, the insurance value will not be up to 6,000,000 euros for each DDCE and year, but this value will be for the total of the DDCE installed that have been necessary to protect the structure or zone in particular. In any case, for the insurance guarantee to apply, the protection design, i.e., the LPS (Lightning Protection System) must comply with the current Instruction Manual of the DDCE system.
Geographical Scope of Coverage: Worldwide, including USA and CANADA.
Procedure of Expertise in case of an accident: The following steps should be followed:
- The customer must inform the official distributor and provide objective data of the incident/accident occurred (e.g. photographic evidence). It must be evidenced, objectively, that the lightning impact has occurred on the DDCE product or protected structure, by submitting a lightning impact report around the location of the DDCE from the national institute of Meteorology of the country or recognized center that provides this type of data where the accident and/or incident or similar has occurred, supporting the fact occurred.
- It must be possible to objectively prove that the installed products are under warranty and that therefore, all the requirements of the warranty application have been fulfilled.
- In any case, it must be possible to demonstrate that the installation of the DDCE complies with the Product Instruction Manual in force (for example: resistance of the earth connection less than 10 ohms, etc.).
- The official installer will make a visit and provide all the objective data of the incident/accident occurred.
- All the necessary data will be sent to the manufacturer (Dinnteco Factory Gasteiz S.L.U), which will make a technical report of the incident/accident occurred based on these data and those that the manufacturer considers necessary to verify and reason the causes of the effects observed on the protected structure.
- The technical report will be sent to the insurance company.
- The insurance company will send an expert to the place of the incident/accident, where taking into account the technical report elaborated by Dinnteco Factory Gasteiz or others that it considers opportune, it will emit its conclusions.
- Depending on the result of the expert's report, the guarantee of the product will be activated.
- In any case, it will not be possible to manipulate the evidences of the incident/accident occurred, since they could invalidate the expert's report.
Excluded from this product warranty protocol are the DDCE Marine models (BG, MD and LT), where the warranty for these products will be the one indicated in their data sheets.
- All installed products that do not comply with the requirements described in point 14 of the Instruction Manual.
- DDCE PRODUCTS not installed and maintained according to the current Instruction Manual.
- DDCE PRODUCTS installed without having carried out their commissioning and registered the same by means of the official commissioning document.
- The DDCE PRODUCTS that have not carried out the mandatory annual maintenance according to the protocol described in the Instruction Manual in force and registered the same by means of the official maintenance document, where the points to be verified of the DDCE installation are indicated.
- The DDCE PRODUCTS sold and/or installed by distributors or installers not approved by Dinnteco International.
- The DDCE PRODUCTS installed, whose design of protection has not been realized and/or verified and approved by objective evidences by Dinnteco International.
- The DDCE PRODUCTS that have suffered natural catastrophes, meteorological agents (except the direct impact of the lightning), blow, crushing, inadequate use during the transport or installation, vandalism or terrorist acts and in general causes not attributable to a defect of the product.
- DDCE PRODUCTS that do not bear the corresponding official manufacturer's serial number.
- The DDCE PRODUCTS that have not been repaired, in its case, by personnel authorized by Dinnteco International or own personnel of Dinnteco International.
- The DDCE PRODUCTS whose failure is produced by an external component or accessory that affects the good operation of the DDCE.